About MHA Omaha
Our 3 Key Areas of Focus
Legislative / Government
- Introduced legislation that resulted in the Convention and Visitors Bureau’s reporting structure being changed in order for it to report to the city of Omaha.
- Introduced legislation that resulted in Nebraska's Tourism office receiving $850,000; their first general fund allocation since 1984.
- Played an instrumental role in tabling the Entertainment Tax.
Education & Community
- Support and guidance for the Tourism/Hospitality program at UNL by offering internships and assisting in developing hospitality curriculum.
- MHA has awarded over $20,000 in scholarships.
- Hosted Omaha CrimeStoppers Officer of the Year luncheons for 10 consecutive years.
- Hosts Annual MHA Golf Tournament to raise funds for local charities. Past recipients include: Special Olympics, Airport Tourism Booth Volunteers, CrimeStoppers, and the Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management Scholarship Program.
- Monthly meetings with topics of interest to MHA membership.
- Special meetings focusing on education & economic growth.
MHA is an association dedicated to cultivating tourism, community, education and helping its members to maintain their competitive edge. Our mission statement says it best: We will be the advocates for tourism in the Omaha metropolitan area. We will commit to building alliances with similar industries. We will be a strong community partner.